DRAFT FBRMPO and LOSRPO CPT-HST Plan 2017
New! The French Broad River MPO, in collaboration with the Land of Sky RPO, have been working on an update to the Coordinated Public Transit-Human Services Transportation Plan for the five-county region (Buncombe, Haywood, Henderson, Madison, Transylvania) during the 2015-2017 timeframe. The draft plan is now available for review below. It is expected to go to the MPO Board for adoption in January 2018, after a public comment period.
- Overview of Existing Services
- Identifying Needs
- Appendix A: Recommendations- A Summary of Public and Stakeholder Input Received
FBRMPO CPT-HST Plan 2012:
The French Broad River MPO has adopted its previous update of the Coordinated Public Transit-Human Services Transportation Plan (also known as Locally-Coordinated Plan) on March 29th, 2012. The FBRMPO CPT-HST Plan 2012 included Buncombe, Haywood and Henderson counties.
- See the CPT-HST Plan 2012 here
- See the Priorities Matrix (Appendix B)
- For Madison and Transylvania Counties, please see the Land of Sky RPO CPT-HST Plan (link on NCDOT website).
- FBRMPO call for JARC and 5310 funding: check this page for updates
- FBRMPO update of CPT-HST Plan next update is currently ongoing and is expected to finish in 2017
Human Services Transportation (HST) are services for distinct population groups who are identified as the “transportation disadvantaged”, including persons with disabilities, older adults, and persons with low income. The CPT-HST Plan update is federally-required and will help the region identify the existing gaps in the current transportation system, and prioritize projects to improve accessibility and increase mobility options.
If you would like to be added to the FBRMPO “Community Transportation Stakeholders” list and be notified about 5310 and JARC calls for projects, please contact email@example.com with your name, agency name and email address.