Statewide Prioritization & Strategic Transportation Investments (STI) Law
NCDOT uses a strategic, data-driven process to develop the State Transportation Improvement Program (STIP). The process involves scoring all roadway, public transportation, bicycle, pedestrian, rail, and aviation projects on a number of criteria. Metropolitan Planning Organizations (MPOs), Rural Planning Organizations (RPOs), and the NCDOT Divisions also contribute to the final project score by assigning local priority points to projects. For more information on the NCDOT Strategic Prioritization Process see:
*PUBLIC INPUT OPPORTUNITY*: The French Broad River MPO will be taking public input on its DRAFT Assignment of Local Input Points on Regional Impact projects as part of the prioritization process. Public comments may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 828.251.7453 from Wednesday, June 6th through Wednesday, June 27th. Comments may also be made at the MPO Board meeting held at Land of Sky Regional Council offices on Thursday, June 28th at 1:00 PM.
The French Broad River MPO’s Role in Prioritization:
- The MPO selects which projects from a regionally or locally adopted plan are submitted into the scoring competition. Currently, the French Broad River MPO is permitted to submit twenty-five (25) new projects for each transportation mode in each prioritization cycle.
For more information on projects submitted by the FBRMPO and the local methodology see below:
- FBRMPO SPOT / P 5.0 Methodology (adopted February 22, 2018)
- New and Carryover Transportation Projects Submitted for SPOT 5.0 by the French Broad River MPO
- Map of Highway and Bicycle and Pedestrian projects submitted for SPOT 5 by the FBRMPO
- Public Input Survey for Projects Being Considered is NOW CLOSED
- Statewide Impact Projects Programmed Available HERE
- Regional Impact Projects Receiving Local Input Points: Draft Local Input Point Assignment from the FBRMPO
- Division Needs Projects Receiving Local Input Points (Coming in 2018)
- NCDOT 2018-2027 State Transportation Improvement Program
- FBRMPO 2018-2027 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP)
- Map of Projects Submitted for SPOT 4.0 Prioritization